This is how Bio-One helps homeowners remove mold in Alabama
Perhaps our biggest competition out there for Mold Remediation is DIYers. Every week we get calls from customers who say things like "Well, I sprayed some bleach on it, but it came right back!"
That's because, unlike what most people believe to be true - bleach doesn't get rid of mold.
To properly remove mold from your home (or wherever else), these following steps must be followed:
- Get the subject area swap tested (the surface) and air quality tested to determine if mold is present, and to find out the concentration, etc.
- Determine why the mold is present (i.e. figure out where the source of water/moisture is coming from, and then fix that problem).
- Begin proper mold remediation protocol, which in many cases will include:
- Containment of the work area
- Installation of HEPA air scrubbers and/or fans and/or dehumidifiers
- Removal of contaminated finishing materials, like drywall
- HEPA vacuuming all surfaces within containment
- Physical/chemical removal of visible mold on all surfaces and substrate
- Chemical wet-wiping of all surfaces within the containment (using a non-bleach chemical formulated to kill and also inhibit mold
These are the steps we follow to ensure proper mold removal from your home.
Call Bio-One for a free estimate if you ever suspect mold in your home, crawlspace, attic, office, vehicle or wherever else! Bio-One of Birmingham serves the entire Birmingham and surrounding areas of Tuscaloosa, Jasper, Anniston, Clanton, Cullman - and our two other local offices serve the rest of the State of Alabama.
Bio-One of Huntsville: 256-677-6111
Bio-One of Birmingham: 205-937-1708
Bio-One of Montgomery: 334-523-9191