Many people believe that the first person you should call when yo experience a sewage backup is a plumber - and that's true! Call your plumber! However, your plumber won't actually clean up the sewage mess that's leftover.
Hopefully, your sewage backup was contained to a bathtub or shower or toilet - but often, the raw sewage will backup and than spill onto your floors, seep behind walls, flood your home or crawlspace - or worse.
Bio-One is Birmingham's local sewage cleanup specialist. Specializing in services such as crime scene cleanup, hoarding cleanup, odor removal and feces/urine cleanup, Bio-One's sewage cleanup services are second to none.
Some things to consider before attempting to clean up sewage yourself:
- Sewage can harm you and your health - make sure you protect yourself with proper PPE.
- Often, cleaning the surfaces (like flooring) is not enough - the sewage will seep underneath your flooring, and unless you get it all up from the subfloor, it won't be clean, and it will smell.
- Sewage backup cleanup is covered by homeowner's insurance - and your insurance will pay to cover the replacement of flooring, drywall, or anything else needing to be removed.
- Regular cleaning chemicals won't eliminate odors.
- Crawlspace cleanup often includes dirt removal, vapor barrier removal and more - let a professional help you.
After you call your plumber to solve the blockage issue, call Bio-One to help you with your sewage backup cleanup needs.
Located in Birmingham and serving all surrounding areas of Hoover, Mountain Brook, Jasper, Anniston, Tuscaloosa and Clanton - Bio-One also has two other local offices in Huntsville and Montgomery - we serve all Alabamians.
Bio-One of Birmingham: 205-937-1708
Bio-One of Huntsville: 256-677-6111
Bio-One of Montgomery: 334-523-9191